TOP 22 PREGNANCY &
- Visualize a healthy and safe
- Understand that bonding with your
baby begins at conception.
- Communicate with your unborn
- Use proper nutrition.
- Stop detrimental social habits
(drinking, smoking, etc.) for the child's safety.
- Interview your doctor.
- Attend child-birthing
- Learn about your hospital's
- Seek a hospital with home-like
- Consider whirlpool baths.
- Delivery room atmosphere: soft
music, dim lights, loving attitudes?
- Study pain management, from
epidurals and massage to Trend Epidermal Nerve Stimulator (TENS) units.
- Choose which Labor, Delivery and
Recovery (LDR) rooms you will use.
- Allow the newborn to stay with
the family/mother after the birth.
- Choose a doctor who will help get
father and siblings involved.
- Water birth
- Use of IVs
- Use of Enemas
- Use of continual or intermittent
electric fetal monitoring
- Use of forceps
- Cesarean section